It's all about the music…

 



I remember standing in line at Media Play in Riverdale. It was the day after Christmas and my girlfriend and I were returning some duplicate CDs we got for Christmas. While we stood in line, we shared headphones and listened to Wonderwall by Oasis. As an Army veteran, I’ve stood in my share of lines but I remember that day in Media Play because of the music I listened to. I’m sure that you have a memory of a mundane time or place that you can recall because of the music. 

With the rise of digital streaming, music is easy to come by. No more waiting in line to buy CDs, it is all at your fingertips. This is great for DJs because it allows better collaboration in set list creation. Today I could put a set list together and the customer could listen to the entire thing and make changes before their event. Because music has become so accessible, it also leads people to play their own music to events that would benefit from a DJ. 

DJs are professionals who invest in equipment that transform music from an individual experience to a group experience. When the lights are on, and the music is integrated into the fabric of an event, it creates a focal point for everyone in attendance. That could be the wedding march, it could be a first dance, it could be a trendy song at a high school dance. When played through professional audio equipment, the music will enhance an event for everyone in attendance and create memories for the group just like it did for me individually in Media Play. 

My feeling is that most people don’t make their own wedding cake. They hire a professional to do it. I’m guessing that most people don’t cut their own hair. They hire a professional to do it. It’s the same thing with the sound for your event. You cannot create the same focal points, the same shared experiences for your group, without professional audio equipment to play your music through. Weddings, high school dances, quinceañeras, these are once-in-a-lifetime events. How do you make sure these special events are remembered? Well, it's all about the music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the old school

Putting Sound on Target