Business, Insurance and Music
I’m a DJ and I love music. But I’m a professional so DJing is a lot more than just a love of music. On the business end, Utah Valley DJs is a Limited Liability Corporation and that LLC has its own General Liability insurance. The structure of a DJ’s business isn’t the most exciting part of being a DJ, but it is an important consideration for people who are hosting an event with lots of people who are not directly related to them.
Utah
Valley DJs it the doing business as name of Utah Valley Entertainment LLC. The
LLC adds credibility to DJing so that clients know that the entity they are
hiring for their event has some skin in the game. This level of professionalism
is a good sign if you are planning to hand over hundreds or thousands of
dollars to a DJ for your event in Salt Lake City or anyplace else! The LLC structure also
demonstrates a commitment to responsible Utah business practices and client
satisfaction. By choosing a DJ with an established LLC, you can feel confident
that your event is in capable and trustworthy hands.
In
addition to the credibility that a Utah LLC provides, it also helps simplify
contracts and liability concerns. When I sign a contract to provide DJ services,
I sign for Utah Valley DJs, not my own person, so you know who and what you are
dealing with. The LLC allows standard references in contracts and makes it
easier to work with DJ businesses verses people who DJ. The LLC streamlines the
booking process and gives clients peace of mind when planning their events.
Another
bonus associated with an LLC is that it is easier to insure. Utah Valley DJs is
insured under a General Liability policy specifically for mobile DJs provided
by Next First Insurance Agency. Just like the LLC structure, having insurance
shows that the DJ you are working with is serious about their profession and has
more skin in the game than just a good playlist. For your event you want a DJ
that is going to be aware of risk and manage it in a way that would be
acceptable to your organization. Because Utah Valley DJs has its own insurance policy,
clients know that risk management is important to both our clients and us.
There is
a cost to doing business and it costs more to run a DJ business as a LLC than
it would to run it as a proprietorship. I wanted to run a professional DJ
business. I wanted to be able to get insurance. I wanted to offer my clients
more than just great sounding music. I wanted to offer the total package.
That’s why Utah Valley DJs exists, to offer the total package, a premium DJ
service that doesn’t cut any corners but has all the bases covered. With the
bases covered, Utah Valley DJs can play music at your events in Provo, Lehi,
Salt Lake, Centerville or Ogden and not have to worry about anything during
your event except for providing an exceptional experience and playing great
sounding music.
Comments
Post a Comment