Thanksgiving 2025

 November is a time to feel thankful for the people in your life and the things you have. I am grateful to be back in Utah and to live in Utah County and to be able to serve the people of Utah Valley and the greater Wasatch Front.

As a Soldier the Army could have sent me anywhere in the world so I was fortunate when the Army sent me to Utah on my last assignment. Even in Utah the Army could have sent me to a few different places so I feel fortunate that I landed in Lehi. Having spent the last 20 plus years living outside of Utah in the states and abroad, I always feel fortunate when I can wake up and see the mountains that run along the Wasatch Front.

Of course, Utah, Utah County and Lehi have changed quite a bit since I left Utah in the early 2000s. When I joined the Army the Lehi Cabela’s hadn’t been built and was probably still the future Pleasant Grove Cabela’s. All of Lehi was served by Lehi Junior High School and Lehi High School. Lehi’s borders weren’t contiguous with Saratoga Springs as they nearly appear to be today.

But with change comes opportunity to be grateful for the way things are today. After living in some austere places for the Army, I appreciate being able to get a soda at Maverik, see a movie at Thanksgiving Point’s Megaplex and not having to drive more than a half hour to get essential services. I can do all these things in Lehi and the greater Utah Valley just adds variety and options. Lehi is like the land of abundance compared to some of the other places I’ve lived.

Of course, what I am most important for are the people in my life. My wonderful wife who is the Spanish component of Utah Valley DJs. Our wonderful children who add fun and giggles to our day. To my parents, my dad for teaching me how to maintain a house, to my stepdad for teaching me about computers, my mom for always being there for me. And of course, to all the other influential people in my life who have been kind to me and supported me.

Here's to a wonderful November full of thankfulness in Utah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the old school

It's all about the music…

Putting Sound on Target